Life Unlimited Hearing Therapists do not sell or fit hearing aids. However, we do:
- carry out a hearing test, assess your communication needs and discuss the results. If a need for hearing aids is indicated we can refer you to an audiologist or other health professional with your consent
- provide independent advice and guidance about hearing aids or other of hearing devices
- provide support if you already have a hearing aid but feel it is not working effectively for you
- provide information on any hearing aid funding you may be entitled to
General advice on purchasing hearing aids in New Zealand
There is a wide range of hearing aids and devices available in New Zealand. These come at a wide range of prices. It is important to do your research.
- If someone recommends a particular hearing aid to you, ask them why? Does it suit your type of hearing loss?
- Do you need all the ‘extra features’ or will a more basic hearing aid be cheaper and easier to use?
- Is the person recommending the hearing aid to you paid to sell that particular brand?
- Ask questions, and make sure you let the person know if there’s anything you don’t understand.
For more information you can read The guide to getting hearing aids: Hearing aid funding scheme from the Ministry of Health.