Coronavirus COVID-19 Service Updates
We know this has been a difficult time for many of our Life Unlimited clients who are vulnerable either through mobility issues, age, have a permanent or temporary disability, or are recovering from an accident or post hospital treatment.
Our teams at Life Unlimited, Mobility Centre and Altogether Autism are here to help you or your loved ones through these worrying times.
Read the current Life Unlimited pandemic response.
Full time clinics and Equipment and Modification Services have resumed and we are pleased that due to the success of our virtual appointments during lockdown we have now added this as an additional option for your convenience. (Please note not all hearing services can be provided through virtual appointments so just ask one of our team with what you need and they will help guide you in the right direction), and of course we will continue to offer home visits for those not ready or unable to leave their home.
We are here to help you make the right choices, we will guide you through the first steps of managing your hearing loss and support you to develop a plan for the future. Our team are qualified hearing professionals, we are the only organisation in New Zealand that offers Hearing Therapy and we are just a phone call away. Get the Right Advice, with the Right Support from the Right People here at Life Unlimited Hearing Therapy. Our service is fully funded and endorsed by the Ministry of Health Disability Support Services.
We want to reassure you that we are following all recommended health protocols and will be providing safe environments for all our clients. We will work with you in a way that meets your individual circumstances – whatever they may be.
We will have processes in place to protect you and our team and have the following guidelines for you to follow:
- Screening of patients for COVID-19 will take place on the phone, and again upon arrival to the clinic. This will be required also of any support person you bring with you
- If you are feeling unwell or showing symptoms of sickness including the common cold and flu you will need to reschedule your appointment
- If you do cough or sneeze please use tissue or your elbow and throw away the tissue immediately
- We will provide the Ministry of Health’s QR code at the entrance so you can keep a “digital diary”.
- You will need to wash / sanitise your hands on entry & exiting the building / clinic
- Our team will have gloves and masks available for your safety and ours if they are needed
- Please only turn up to your appointment five minutes early
- We will be seeing minimum clients to allow for hygiene and cleaning of our clinic rooms in between.
NASC Delivery in Lower Hutt and Tairawhiti
Read more about NASC during COVID-19.
Mobility Centre stores
Our six Mobility Centre stores in Hamilton, Tauranga, Rotorua, Gisborne, Hastings and Lower Hutt. are now open and we have the Ministry of Health’s QR codes at the doors so customers can maintain a “digital diary”.
Read what others have to say about our online service.
Credible Information on Autism during COVID-19
With the vast amount of information available online, finding credible information on autism is a challenge. We are autism specialists and can provide you with trusted information. Our research and information team individually researches every request for information including strategies to help during this pandemic. Read more
Categories: People with disabilities, My wellbeing