Barbara Tane, left, and Te Rōpu Wāhine Māori Toko i te Ora branch president Melodie Hamon at the White Ribbon Day in Te Awamutu
Young person with learning disability weaving flax

Community day programmes

Community day programmes provide an opportunity for participants to take part in the community, develop friendships and learn life skills.

Read more

Humour, invention and rebellion

Drums were an unlikely choice of instrument for a young John McIntosh. He was born with scoliosis – a severe curvature of the spine. Typical symptoms include limited mobility and heart and lung difficulties – the type of symptoms that make lugging around a drum kit challenging.

Read more
Two preschool girls drawing with coloured pencils

Early Childhood Education (ECE)

Early childhood education is not compulsory in New Zealand, but attending a quality ECE environment can provide your child with the opportunity to play, socialise and learn with other children.

Read more
Woman at an office desk working on a laptop

Gaining work experience

Volunteering and internships can provide an opportunity to gain work experience and skills, and to make contact with potential future employers.

Read more
Student writing an essay

Tertiary education and training

Further study after secondary school offers a rich and rewarding experience and has the potential to improve employment opportunities, income levels and standard of living.

Read more