Positive Action Course – Hamilton
Make positive changes in your life through self development. Learn new skills and knowledge to enable you to live the life you choose.
The Positive Action Course in Hamilton focuses on making positive changes in people’s lives and learning new skills and knowledge to enable people to live the life they choose.
The course runs for one week from Monday through to Thursday 9am-3pm; Friday 9am-2pm, with a range of learning opportunities, guest speakers, classroom and community based activities.
The course can be scheduled and tailored to fit with the requirements of participants, including small groups of five to eight.
- Improved self-esteem, confidence and motivation
- Personal goal setting
- Cultural awareness
- Preparedness for employment and training opportunities
- Community participation
- Developing social skills
- Make new friends
- Recreation and leisure
Am I eligible?
To participate in this course you must:
- currently live in New Zealand and be either a New Zealand citizen, a permanent resident or hold an appropriate open work permit,
- be aged between 16 and 65,
- have a disability that is likely to affect you for a minimum of six months, and present a barrier to employment,
- require support to address this barrier, or require assistance in addition to that provided by the Ministry of Social Development’s mainstream services, and
- be registered with Work and Income New Zealand.
The course is offered in Hamilton and surrounding areas and is delivered by Life Unlimited staff with support from specialist presenters.
There is no cost to attend. This is a Ministry of Social Development funded course.
The course runs for a week, Monday through Thursday 9am-3pm; Friday 9am-2pm.
Participants learn and benefit from a range of learning opportunities, guest speakers, classroom and community based activities.
The Positive Action Course can be scheduled and tailored to fit the requirements of participants, including small groups of five to eight people.