Positive Action Course
By attending this course you will be guided to make positive changes in your life, learn new skills and knowledge to enable you to live the life you choose.
This course focuses on self development by providing a platform for participants to move forward with their lives.
- Improved self-esteem and motivation
- Cultural awareness
- Friendship and network with others
Am I eligible?
To participate in this course you must be:
- currently living in New Zealand; and be either a New Zealand citizen, a permanent resident, or hold an appropriate open work permit, an
- aged between 16 and 65
- have a disability that is likely to affect you for a minimum of six months, and present a barrier to employment, an
- require support to address this barrier, or require assistance in addition to that provided by the Ministry of Social Development’s mainstream services, an
- registered with Work and Income New Zealand.
The course is offered in Hamilton and surrounding areas and is delivered by Life Unlimited staff with support from specialist presenters.
There is no cost to attend. This is a Ministry of Social Development funded course.
The course runs for one week, Monday through Friday, 6 hours per day.
Participants learn and benefit from a range of learning opportunities, guest speakers, classroom and community based activities.
The PAC Course can be scheduled and tailored to fit with the requirements of participants, including small groups of 5 to 8.
Enquire here for further information.
Alternatively, freephone Life Unlimited on 0800 008 011.