The Kapahaka Programme encourages community participation and provides an opportunity for people to interact and have fun while being exposed to Tikanga Māori.
The programme runs every Friday morning from 9am – 12pm at Kirikiriroa Marae, Wairere Drive, Hamilton East.
- Learn Te Reo Māori through songs
- Learn local waiata, haka, poi and games
- Build relationships with each other irrespective of culture or ethnicity
- Experience aspects of tikanga Māori and Māori culture
- Experience performing before peers, whānau and the community