My money

This is where you can find help getting financial support – if you need it – because of your disability; whether you need help meeting your everyday living costs, or additional support to cover the extra costs of living with a disability.

Everyday living costs

You may be eligible for support from Work and Income if you are unable to work, or if you have to work fewer hours, because of disability. Read our page about the types of support available from Work and Income.

If your disability is the result of an accident, you might be able to get help from the Accident Compensation Corporation (ACC). This may include support if you are unable to go back to work, or other types of support to cover the extra costs of treatment or living with a disability. Read our page about support from ACC.

Accessing ACC and Work and Income can be confusing for some. You may want to look at our pages about how to get help dealing with Work and Income, and where to find advocacy and legal support.

Funded care and services

Your local Needs Assessment Service Coordination (NASC) service doesn’t provide direct financial support, but they can help you access funded services like home help and personal care, so you won’t have to pay for them yourself. Learn more about NASC services.

Other funding options

It’s important to get out and about in your community. If you are finding it hard to cover the costs of transport, here are some places you can get help.

If you can’t get government funding for something you need, there are a number of organisations and charitable trusts that may be able to help. Here’s a list of grants and other funding options.

Work and Study

You might want to read our section about work and study, so you can plan for a more independent future.