This role is part time, based in Hamilton in the client’s home. The hours will be negotiated between the successful applicant and the client, and will be between 20 to 30 hours per week. This includes afternoons/evenings, weekends and can include sleep-overs. The client is an adult living in their own home with complex physical needs.
You will be enabling them to carry out the activities they choose and connecting them with their communities and supporting them to achieve their meaningful goals.
Who are we looking for:
We are looking for a person with enthusiasm for working with people in the community to live the life they choose. Most of all we need someone who can see people’s abilities and strengths and want to be a part of the team that enables people to get out into their community. The successful applicant will demonstrate an empathic and solutions-focused outlook. To meet the requirements and demands of these roles, you will need to be flexible, can think on your feet with calmness and a good sense of humour.
What you need:
- Experience carer of high complex needs would be an advantage
- Want to support people to live the life they choose
- Have a passion for working with people to achieve their goals
- A great communicator
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Be culturally respectful and non-judgmental
- See potential in people and thrive in a challenging and ever-changing environment
- Can easily build relationships with the clients and their families.
- Can pass police vetting
- Hold a current first aid certificate or willing to get one
- Have a willingness and ability to fit with the flow of a family home and its needs.
Applicants must hold a full New Zealand drivers license.
Pay rate – will be at pay equity rates. The range is $19.80-$25.50
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Which of the following First Aid accreditation’s do you currently hold?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver’s licence?
- Do you have prior experience as a disability support worker?
If this role is of interest to you, please apply here.