Service Manager – Hearing
Interested in a role where you can make a real difference? We have an opportunity for you to use your skills to support those hard of hearing to live well.
Life Unlimited is a national organisation providing information, education, support and equipment to enable living independence for everyone.
Hearing Therapy is a national service funded by the Ministry of Health and focuses on supporting adults to manage the impact of hearing loss on their lives. As manager you will be responsible for the quality delivery of the national service, training of hearing therapists and ongoing development of services to support those hard of hearing.
We are seeking a skilled people manager who can lead this service with clarity and passion. Reporting to the Chief Executive you will be part of the Senior Leadership team and have overall responsibility for a team of approximately 25 people throughout New Zealand.
The person we are looking for will have:
- An interest or understanding of people who are hard of hearing
- experience in managing, supervising and motivating staff remotely
- the ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders
- knowledge or understanding around successfully running a diploma qualification
- a desire to learn, identify new opportunities and bring your team along on the journey
- a collegial way of working.
You will need to be forward thinking and innovative in your approach to ensure that we continually enhance the outcomes of our service.
We encourage people with lived experience of hearing loss to apply.
Location is flexible, preference is for Wellington or Hamilton and regular travel is required.
Applications close at 10am on Monday 16 November 2020.