Become a Hearing Therapist – Wellington (30 Hours)
Interested in a role where you can make a real difference? We have an opportunity for you to develop your skills to help us achieve our mission of enabling people to live the life they choose.
We are a national not for profit organisation that offers a variety of services to help people enhance their individual well-being. We are the only government-funded provider of hearing therapy services in New Zealand.
We are currently seeking applications from candidates wanting to receive free training and establish a new career providing aural rehabilitation services to adults with hearing impairment. We have permanent, full time opportunities in Hamilton, Christchurch and Auckland, and a part time (30 hours per week) position available in Wellington, although we can be flexible with these hours for the right candidate. This is a community-based role where you will run/manage regular clinics and co-ordinate network with key community groups and other health professionals to grow your client base. You will need to be able to work autonomously, be self-motivated and willing to travel.
We provide full training for the National Diploma in Hearing Therapy (level 6). The training consists of two blocks of face-to-face training in Auckland (one block of 3 weeks and one block of 5 weeks) where you will be required to be away from home if you live outside of Auckland, the balance being online and on-the-job training.
You will need:
- To be energetic, enthusiastic and have a positive, friendly outlook
- Proven people skills, with the ability to network and build strong professional relationships
- Exceptional communication skills including being confident at public speaking
- To be highly organised, have strong self-management skills and be able to work independently, innovatively and flexibly in a range of community settings
- To be a competent user of windows applications and database formats
- To be aware of and sensitive to different cultural needs and disability issues
You will also need a current NZ Driving License Class 1.
Alternatively, please contact Desley Clarke (Human Resources & Administration Manager) on 07 903 7004.
Applications close at 10.00am on Monday 20 August 2018.
Applicants for this position should be a NZ citizen or have permanent residency.