Want To Make A Difference in Wellington?
Become a hearing therapist
This is a unique opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of people in your community who have a hearing loss. The successful applicant will be fully trained in the NZQA Level 6 New Zealand Diploma in Hearing Therapy. This is not a role for the light-hearted. Every day is different and will have you out and about in Wellington and its suburbs networking and running hearing clinics. We are looking for someone who is dedicated and focused and really wants to change the lives of those who live with hearing loss.
Hearing Therapy focuses on supporting people and their whanau to manage and lessen the impact of a hearing impairment. Hearing Therapy is a national mobile, community-based service that is holistic in its approach and offers a variety of services including information, assessments and training of community and professional groups across New Zealand. Read the Job Description.
What We Offer:
- A comprehensive and fully funded training programme of the New Zealand Diploma of Hearing Therapy
- Career progression opportunities
- Supportive and values-based team environment
You Will Need:
- Proven experience working in a community-based role
- Proven people skills, with the ability to network and build strong professional relationships
- Exceptional communication skills including being confident at public speaking
- To be highly organised, have strong self-management skills and be able to work independently, innovatively and flexibly in a range of community settings
- A high level of computer based systems including being a competent user of windows applications and database formats
- To be aware of and sensitive to different cultural needs and disability issues
- A relevant tertiary education in community health or similar would be desirable
You will also need a current NZ Driving License Class 1.
If this role is of interest to you, then please visit our website www.lifeunlimited.net.nz for further information or click on the “Apply Now” button. Alternatively, please contact Desley Clarke (Human Resources Business Partner) on 07-903 7004.
Applicants for this position should be a NZ citizen or have permanent residency.