Community Mentor Facilitator
Interested in a role where you can make a real difference? We have an opportunity for you to use your skills to help us achieve our mission of enabling disabled people to live the life they choose.
Life Unlimited has a vacancy for a full time, permanent position in our Community team at our Nga Mara Atea programme based at Kirikiriroa Marae.
Working within the team, you will be empowered to lead, guide, support and collaborate with the people we support, their family/whanau and others in their lives. This enables the people we support to live as independently as possible, and to access their communities for activities and opportunities that are meaningful to them. An important component to being a successful Community Facilitator is the ability to work within a variety of our community programmes to support the implementation of plans, goals and outcomes to ensure that supports meet the needs of the people we serve.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has a comprehensive understanding of Te Reo Maori and Tikanga Maori
- Is flexible in being able to work between 7.30am and 5.00pm (37.5 hours per week)
- Has a passion for working in a team environment and in partnership with others
- Has experience working with individuals and groups of people who may have a physical or intellectual disability, autism, mental illness or challenging behaviours
- Holds a National Certificate in Disability Support Work level 3 or higher or working towards the qualification
- Want to be part of their community
- Has a willingness to learn and be challenged
- Has a full New Zealand driver’s license
- Have a first aid certificate or be prepared to get one if they are successful.
Computer literacy, attention to detail and the ability to work with others is essential, together with being creative and open to new ideas.
If you are interested in a challenging and diverse role, have a passion for people and want to work in an environment where you will be developed, then we would love to hear from you.